This prestigious event has been organised again by Bier-Mania! Cultural Beer Tours and Zeitgeist (@ Jolly Gardeners) German gastro-pub in Lambeth in association with Stonch from Stonch's Beer Blog.
We will have around 1000 litres of mainly draught beer from around 15 different breweries and 20 different beers. Most beers have never visited the UK so they will be a bit shy and will need lots of help!
Most beer will be served from gravity barrels (Stichfass), and we will also have 2 taps serving Augustiner throughout the Fest by Zapfanlage (CO2).
All beers will be served in its correct glass/stoneware!
The beers represent nearly every style of beer that Germany has, the only thing we have missed (we think!) is Berliner Weisse, Gose (Leipzig), Steinbier, Kirschbier (cherry beer from Neuzelle monastery) and Roggenbier (rye beer) .
- Thursday 09 October 1800-0100/closing time (6pm-1.00am)
- Friday 10 October 1600-0100/closing time (4pm-01.00am)
- Saturday 11 October 1200-0100/closing time (midday-01.00am)
- Sunday 12 October 1200-2300/closing time (midday-11.00pm)
The Jolly Gardeners, 49-51 Black Prince Road, Lambeth, SE11 6AB
- £3.70 per 0.5 litre beer.
- Tokens to be purchased at the main bar.
There will be the standard Zeitgeist food as well as Weisswurst (veal sausage from Bayern) to give the Fest that Bavarian feel!
Beer List (as pdf)
This beer list is provisional as we will be adding more beer to this list!
See you all there!
Bier-Mania! & Zeitgeist